Department of Orthopedics
The Department of Orthopedics at GIMSH involves the study of musculoskeletal system. Orthopedic surgeons use both surgical and nonsurgical means to treat musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders, or the art of correcting and preventing deformities in children. The correction of spinal and bony deformities became the cornerstone of orthopedic practice.
The department works in close collaboration with other departments and specialists.
- Rehabilitation Services
- Pain clinics
- Specialists affiliated with Medicine, Radiology, Surgery and Anesthesia
- Department covers 24 hours trauma, Emergency care
- Manages all types of Musculoskeletal injuries including Spinal injury
- Conducting emergency operations around the clock
- Provides expertise in handling of polytrauma cases
- Facilities for Limb reconstruction and joint replacement
- Facilities for deformity correction and treatment for chronic osteomyelitis
- Regular teaching classes and clinical training will be conducted for undergraduates both at outpatient and bedside.
- General Trauma surgeries
- Joint replacement
- Spine surgery
- Surgery for complicated traumatic and infective cases of bone and soft tissue.
- Pain Clinic