Gouri Devi Institute of Medical Sciences & Hospital (GIMSH), G.T. Road, Rajbandh, Durgapur
Date created : 8th February, 2016
Name : Mr. R. N. Majumder
Reviewed By : Principal & Dean
The aim of this charter is to provide a framework of information regarding the organization which would enable the general public to know:
- The service available in the hospital.
- The quality of services that the patients have access to.
- The feedbacks from patients through which the quality of healthcare services can be improved.
GIMSH is a multi-specialty hospital and medical college situated at Rajbandh, Durgapur which is easily accessible by all modes of transport such as Train, Bus and other modes of conveyance. It is approx. 160 KM from Kolkata and 15 KM from Durgapur. Andal airport is about 30 KM away from this college. The medical college and attached multi-specialty hospital is quite near to the campus main gate.
Principal and Dean : +91 9083249550
Medical Superintendent : +91 9083259915
Emergency: +91 8001113333
Reception: +91 8001113333
- Information about the campus can be obtained from the reception desk of the hospital.
- Enquiry counter is located at the main reception of the hospital.
- Wheel chairs and stretchers are available for non-ambulatory patients.
- Ambulances are available round the clock including on holidays at nominal charges.
- Standby generator to cater to emergency services in case of breakdown of electricity.
- Adequate drinking water facilities are available.
- Coffee shops and canteen are available within the campus.
- Well stocked Pharmacy is located on the ground floor
Casualty and Emergency Services :-
Timing: 24 hours x 365 days
- Casualty medical officers and residents available 24 hours on all days.
- Consultants are available on fixed days and resident medical officers/surgeons are present round the clock.
Out Patient Department
General OPD: 9 AM to 1 PM, Super Specialty Clinic: 2 PM to 5 PM
Laboratory Timings: Sample collection round the clock (24×7)
Radiology: Round the clock (24×7).
Blood Bank: Blood Bank facility is available in the Hospital round the clock
- All patients admitted in various wards of the hospital are treated as per the hospital policy.
- Visitors are allowed only at fixed visiting hours from 4PM to 6 PM on all days.
- Free health Camps are conducted every month.
- Concessional rates are provided to poor and needy patients as per the hospital policy.
- Admitted patients should contact the staff nurse / floor manager for any medical assistance.
Complaints & Suggestions
- We always strive hard to provide the best of our services. In spite of it there might be situations when we cannot meet up to your expectations. In such situation, please do not hesitate to communicate with us. Valuable suggestions are always welcome.
- The hospital is a No-Smoking and No-Alcohol zone.
At GOURI DEVI INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND HOSPITAL, we respect the individuals and their personal and unique needs. We expect that the observance of patients’ rights will support mutual cooperation and greater satisfaction for the patients and hospital staff alike.
As a patient/ family member of patient you have the right to
- Know the physician/bed-in-charge, primarily responsible for your care. Also you have the right to know about the person who is providing other related services to you.
- Receive complete information concerning your diagnosis, treatment and prognosis in terms that is easily understandable.
- Know the best medical treatment procedures for you. You also have the right to know the possible benefits; the side effects, risks and drawbacks.
- Accept or refuse any treatment, operative procedure, medicines, and related services. The patient would be informed of the consequences of any such refusal.
- Ask for maintaining confidentially in all communications and records.
- Consult other physician regarding your care. This consultation might result in additional charges.
- Consult hospital Ethics Committee regarding ethical issues involved in your care.
- Be transferred to other facility at your request or when medically appropriate and legally permissible. You have a right to be given a complete explanation concerning the need for such transfer. The facility to which you will be transferred must first accept you as a patient.
- Consent or refuse to participate in research or experimental methods of treatment.
- Verify your medical treatment bills and ask for an explanation of the same.
- Be informed of any hospital policies, procedure rules & regulations applicable to your care.
As a Patient it is your responsibility
- To provide all the essential information needed for proper diagnosis and management.
- To accept best medical treatment offered and to comply with the agreed plan of care.
- To clear all your doubts regarding medical treatment/management offered to you.
- To obey with facility policies and procedures of the hospital, including those regarding smoking, drinking alcohol, maintaining low noise level and number of visitors.
- To accept financial responsibility for health care services and clear bills promptly.