Department Community Medicine
The Department of Community Medicine at GIMSH covers the following subjects :
- Research Methodology
- Community Nutrition
- Health Management
- Health Communication
- Health Environment and Medical Entomology
- Health System and Health Programs
- Health related policies, laws
- Communicable & NCDs including National Health programs
- Use epidemiology as a scientific tool to make rational decisions relevant to communities and individuals for preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative healthcare.
- Diagnose and manage public health problems prevailing in the community keeping in mind the existing health care system in the context of the prevailing socio-cultural beliefs.
- Guides the health system at policy, planning, implementing and evaluation level.
- Trains the medical students (MBBS).
- Technical support and monitoring the national health program.
- Health promotion and disease prevention in community.
- Community awareness for disease prevention and control.
- Outbreak investigation and containment.